* THIS IS A SECOND SHIFT POSITION *
Hours are 4:30pm – 3:00am
No rotating schedule! Overtime! Quarterly bonuses! No union!
A little bit about us: THEM is a rapidly growing, family-owned company with two locations in South Jersey. We collaborate with some of the biggest consumer packaged goods companies offering flexible packaging alternatives that continue to create breakthrough solutions in the packaging industry.
Our employees are our #1 asset and we are committed to investing in our people, maintaining the highest safety standards and creating a culture and dynamic work environment where motivation and teamwork are keys to the continued success of the company. Our benefits package reflects the company’s commitment to its employees offering:
- competitive compensation
- employee raises based on performance
- quarterly bonuses based on company performance
- outstanding 401K with company contributions
- medical, dental, vision, prescription drug plan, FSA
- paid vacation
- paid holidays
- non-union environment
We care about our employees and the world we all share. With heightened consumer awareness in the importance of “green” packaging and lowering the impact of packaging production and use on the environment, T.H.E.M. encourages sustainability in packaging production through:
- Ongoing efforts to achieve significant source reduction
- Recognizing supply chain impact on space utilization, storage, transportation and distribution
- Assuring consumer ability to recycle most, if not all, packaging components
Come join us and be a part of our family tradition of expertise, creativity, and drive to produce great packaging.
Information about the position:
As a QA Technician, this position will have ownership and overall responsibility for the quality of product in Primary/Secondary Packaging; i.e., inspection of product in process as well as inspection of finished product as per Batch Records and Master Run Sheet specifications. The QA Technician will be responsible for addressing quality issues and support and comply with all quality management systems, food safety and employee safety programs and other responsibilities, as assigned.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assure consistent quality of production.
- Follow company Standard Operating Procedures and comply with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Inspect in process and finished product as specified in our Standard Operating Procedures and on Master Run Sheet
- Assure the effective completion and documentation of QA inspections on Batch Production Records entry to assure products adhere to quality specifications
- Perform magnet and screen inspections as specified in our HACCP program and documents results
- Perform Pre-Operational and Changeover inspections as required
- Perform scale calibrations, as needed
- Responsible for addressing quality issues as necessary.
- Take actions when there is a non-conformance to food safety requirements and/or product quality specifications, including placing products on hold, re-testing of products, and ensuring all actions taken are properly documented
- Responsible for releasing all incoming materials into production
§ Follow all safety procedures.
§ Maintain safe and efficient use of equipment and tools.
§ Report any injury or accident and/or any unsafe conditions immediately to supervisor.
§ Follow all Company policies and procedures
§ Work shifts, as needed. Overtime required, as needed. Regular and appropriate attendance is expected.
§ Commitment to Food Safety and Quality, GMP and SOP rules and regulations.
§ Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
§ High School Diploma and minimum 3 years experience in Quality Assurance in a food manufacturing, pharmaceutical or medical device environment
§ Must be self motivated, possess high energy and be able to work in a high pace environment
§ Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
§ Must be able to read and interpret basic written instructions and perform tasks and projects.
§ Must be able to interact in a dynamic team environment
§ Must have basic computer skills with Microsoft Word
§ Support and comply with all quality management systems, food safety and employee safety programs.
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
10 hour shift
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
QA/QC: 3 years (Preferred)
GMP: 3 years (Preferred)
This Job Is:
A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Only full-time employees eligible
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Location: One location